As we suspected, The Droid 3 is finally going to launch on July 7th. Our friends at Droid Life were able to confirm these news with some of their trusted sources. Expect the D3 to hit Verizon’s stores by July 14th.
A little reminder about what’s inside the Droid 3:
- 4-inch 540×960 capacitive qHD display
- Android 2.3
- TI OMAP4330 dual-core processor (check benchmarks below)
- 512MB RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- 8-megapixel camera rear-facing camera
- VGA front-facing camera
- Full-sliding QWERTY keyboard
- Micro USB v2.0
- 1500mAh battery
- CDMA 1X, EVDO rev.A networks support
As much as I don’t want to bash the Droid 3, the lack of it having 4G LTE radios, will turn a lot of people away especially if it Big Red sells it for $200 with the usual two-year contract. If it was up to me, I would probably wait for the Bionic which just cleared the FCC today.
via Droid Life