Starting tomorrow, Verizon’s 4G LTE service is going to be available in over 300 markets. Today, the company announced that it was launching its 4G LTE service in 46 new markets and also expanding the service in 22 markets starting on June 21, 2012. With the new markets activated, many more people will be able to take advantage of the fast data speeds provided by Verizon’s 4G LTE service. For more information on which markets are getting the service and which are getting expanded service, check out the list below.
Verizon is constantly working on its 4G LTE network. Although lets the public know of big rollouts such as the one taking place tomorrow, there’s a lot that’s done behind the seen that is never reported. Recently, the updated the network here in the Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania area. One day I got nothing but 3G signals at work, and the next, I was cruising with full bars on the 4G LTE network.
Will your city/town be getting 4G LTE service tomorrow? Will you be getting a new phone? If yes, will you be going with the Droid RAZR Max, Galaxy Nexus, or the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S III? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Markets getting Verizon’s 4G LTE service on June 21
- Florence, Ala.
- Harrison, Ark.
- Yuba City/Marysville, Calif.
- Panama City, Fla.
- Carrolton, Gainesville and Newnan, Ga.
- Lihue, Hawaii (Available since June 11)
- Blackfoot, Idaho
- Decatur/Effingham, Kankakee/Bradley-Bourbonnais and La Salle/Peru/Ottawa, Ill.
- Columbus and Michigan City/La Porte, Ind.
- Greater Portland, Maine
- Greenville/Greenwood, Jackson and Tunica, Miss.
- Houghton and Traverse City, Mich.
- Jefferson City, Lake of the Ozarks and West Plains, Mo.
- Binghamton, Elmira/Corning/Hornell and Oneonta, N.Y.
- Burlington, Hickory/Lenoir, Jacksonville and New Bern, N.C.
- Bedford and Sharon/Farrell/Hermitage, Pa.
- Anderson, Florence and Greenwood, S.C.
- Lufkin/Nacogdoches, Midland, San Angelo and Waco, Texas
- Danville, Va.
- Ashland, Ky./Huntington, W.Va. and Logan, W.Va.
- Fond du Lac, Janesville/Beloit and Sheboygan, Wis.
- Gillette, Wyo.
4G LTE markets getting an expansion on June 21
- Denver and Fort Collins/Loveland, Colo.
- Philadelphia., Pa./Wilmington, Del.
- Daytona Beach, Gainesville and West Palm Beach, Fla.
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Boise/Nampa, Idaho; Chicagoland, Ill.
- Lafayette, Ind.
- Hammond, La.
- Springfield, Mo.
- Glens Falls and New York, N.Y.
- Charlotte/Gastonia and Greenville/Washington, N.C.
- Indiana, Pa. and Hagerstown, Md./Chambersburg, Pa.
- Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Norfolk/Virginia Beach, Va.
- Seattle, Wash.
- Appleton/Oshkosh, Wis.
Source: Verizon Wireless