Strabucks is now pushing a new update to its Android application to bring its current software version to 2.7. A few new features have been added making this app even better than before. If you’re a Strabucks goer and do not use it, you’re missing out on rewards like free birthday drinks and coupons. All you need to do is add a gift card, load it with money and then use your phone to pay.
The updated app changelog is:
- Digital Tipping (U.S. company-operated stores): Leave a digital tip up to two hours after your Starbucks Card purchase.
- Shake to Pay: For added convenience, simply shake your device to display
- your favorite Starbucks Card.
- Rewards List on Payment Screen: See all available rewards and offers on
- your barcode screen. Now highly visible at time of payment.
- Integrated History: See your account history in a single view.
- Widget: Choose from 1×2, 1×3 or 1×4 widget for your home screen.
God bless those baristas. The amount of crazy combinations they’re asked to make is sometimes ridiculous. Which is why I welcome the ability to leave a tip after you leave or on the spot. In fact, you have 2 hours to decide. I am now a big fan of the new ‘Shake to Pay’ feature. upon shaking your phone when your Starbucks card is pulled up, the QR code shows up instantly to scan. If you’re a fan of widgets, you can choose from 3 different sizes 1×2, 1×3 and 1×4.