Samsung pushes update to Galaxy Gear 2, Gear Neo 2 and Gear Fit, brings much needed improvements
Yeah, I can already hear you guys complain that the Galaxy Gear smartwaches are not that great because they only work with Samsung phones. This is not for you.
If you own either a Galaxy Gear 2, Gear Neo 2 or the Gear Fit, you should know that Samsung has pushed a new update to them with the intent to take care some of issues with its trackers. Here is the full changelog:
- Key enhancements include:
- Pedometer is more accurate and starts counting steps automatically
- Higher pedometer goals
- An easier pedometer data transfer process
- Improved heart rate monitor accuracy
- Updated Sleep Mode that disables the screen wake-up feature, so you can wear it while sleeping without being disturbed
- More options for messages sent to rejected calls and the ability to create custom messages
The update will be rolled out over the air and you should have received a notification already. In case you did not, you can always hit the Gear Manager > Paired Device > Software Update > Check For Updates. You need to be connected to a WiFi network in order to avoid any interruptions.