If you’re one of the lucky people who are getting a Samsung Galaxy S III today, you might want to check out the new Music Hub app. Yesterday, Samsung announced that it was launching Music Hub, a new music service that lets you buy, upload, and stream music on your Samsung Galaxy S III device. The service is initially being launched on the Galaxy S III in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, and the UK.
You can think of the new service as a combination of both Spotify and Google Music.
Music Hub is offered in both paid and free options. The free option lets you browse a catalogue of millions of songs and lets you purchase individual tracks or album. To make sure that you’re buying the right stuff, a 30-second preview of each track is available for you to listen to.
The paid version, which will set you back £9.99 per month, allows you to listen to any of the millions of tracks that are available as well as upload your own music. For those who choose to upload their library, a cool 100GB of storage is provided.
Other features of Music Hub include:
- Scan & Match Cloud Locker: Upload your music to the cloud so you can play it anywhere. Music Hub utilises scan & match technology to decrease upload time and ensure high-quality playback. Any unmatched songs are directly uploaded from your library so you can access rare or personal recordings (100 GB of storage for all unmatched songs). When you edit playlists or purchase music, your collection stays automatically updated across all authorized devices.
- Catalogue of millions of songs: Enjoy full access to our entire catalogue to stream or purchase, with unlimited plays and no advertisements. Search for new music, create playlists, share songs with friends, and view lyrics and album information.
- Radio: Relax and listen to the music you like with personal radio and programmed stations. Create personal stations based on songs and artists you love, or browse genre stations recommended and tailor-crafted by the Music Hub team. Hear a song you like? Tag it so you can find it later and play it again whenever you want.
- Recommendations: Discover great new music all the time with customised recommendations for songs, artists, albums and radio stations. The more you listen, the better recommendations you’ll get.
- Optimised for Mobile: Music Hub is optimised specifically for your Samsung device. Advanced streaming and downloading options let you save storage space, play music when offline, and cut down on cellular data usage. Audio settings are designed to prolong battery life and ensure smooth streaming even under spotty network coverage.
- Web Player: In addition to the mobile app, users can access their music library and the Music Hub catalogue/store online at www.musichub.com. The Web Player allows users the freedom to play their music easily on any PC.
For more information on Music Hub, head over to MusicHub.com.