Reddit fans, this one is for you! Developer QuantumBadger released an amazing app called RedReader. The cool thing about this new Reddit client is that it is free, has no annoying ads (for now) and is open source.
RedReader is still in beta, meaning that you’ll find bugs here and there. Other than that, you’d certainly appreciate the holo theme that is available on every device, support for multiple accounts, two-column tablet mode, GIF/picture player and more. One of my favorite actions is that you can swipe to either hide (right) or save (left) a post. Check out the full list of features:
- Free and Open Source – no ads/tracking.
- Swipe posts left and right to perform customizable actions, such as upvote/downvote, or save/hide.
- Advanced cache management – automatically stores past versions of posts and comments.
- Streaming – shows posts/comments as they download – good for slow connections.
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Two-column tablet mode (can be used on your phone, if it’s big enough)
- Image precaching (optional: always, never, or Wi-Fi only).
- Built in image viewer, and GIF player.
- Compression – both during downloads, and in cache storage.
- Night mode (i.e. a dark theme)
- Holo theme on every device
- Support for Android 2.2+ (but works best on Android 4.0+)
All you have to do is give it a try and let us know how you like it! We have the links below.
(How to use QR codes)
Android Market Link