Being the Olympics junkie that I am, I was happy to see that the official Android app for London 2012 has become available in the Play Store. If you want to receive updates about what’s going on during this year’s Summer Olympics, this is the app you should grab. Here are its main features:
- Results: Covering all events for the 36 sports for the Olympics and 21 sports for the Paralympics.
- Live Schedule: Follow the latest sporting Olympic events that are currently in progress. View results in real-time and share with your friends. View live updates: news, photos and social commentary from the Games.
- Calendar Schedule: View day-by-day which sporting events are taking place in the Olympic schedule. Set favourites or reminders to create a personalised selection tailored for you.
- Sports: View details of each of the sports; all the latest results, latest news, latest pictures and background information including football, swimming and track.
- Medals: View the overall Olympic medal count as they are awarded throughout the Games – by country, by individual and by sport. Learn more about the medals.
- Athletes: View all the participating athletes and review their details and current Olympic standings for London 2012. Use the sophisticated search tool to personalise your experience and follow the performance of your favourite athletes.
- My Games: Follow any participating country and receive news and updates tailored to your needs. Manage your favourites, reminders and settings. Stay informed: set up notifications and alerts to keep you posted throughout the Games.
I am really liking the fact that you can set reminders to watch your country or sport of choice. Apparently Samsung has sponsored the development of this application, so don’t be surprised if you see an ad for the Galaxy S III. You will also find a direct link to the official London 2012 website on the bottom of the screen throughout the whole application.
Hit the download links and let us know what you think of it.
(How to use QR codes)
Google Play Store