If you’re one of the many people who currently use the Motorola MotoActv to track your fitness, there’s some good news for you. Motorola has announced that an update is now available for the device. The new update, version 1.7.2 for the golf edition and version 1.7.3 for the non-golf edition, brings Twitter and Facebook integration, in addition to other new features and bug fixes.
Those of you who have been waiting to check tweets and Facebook wall posts will be able to after this latest update. After updating, all you have to do is search for the Facebook and Twitter plugins from the Google Play store and you’ll be able to stay in your online social loop right from your wrist.
Other features of the update include:
- New views and more options for the Golf edition
- More flexible workout planning
- New heart rate choices for fitness zones
- The ability to wake up the device by pressing the start key
- More custom activities and better calorie tracking
- Better map viewing features, such as zooming in and panning out
- The ability to connect to hidden Wi-Fi networks
If you have the MotoActv, it’s definitely worth updating. To update, simply connect your MotoActv to your computer and you will be prompted to download and install the update. If you aren’t automatically prompted to update, simply click Device > Check device for upgrade in Motocast USB. Let us know how the update goes and how you like your MotoActv after the update.