It looks Verizon is getting close to rolling out the much anticipated Ice Cream Sandwich update for the Motorola Droid 4. They have just made the full changelog available for all to see via their support site. We reported last week that Motorola Feedback members started getting invites to participate in a testing of a new software. And according to Droid Life, the soak test is going to be available as early as today meaning that we should see ICS sometimes this week.
Here is the full changelog:
Issues Corrected / Enhancements -OS Upgrades
- Device is enabled for Global Roaming. Now take advantage of voice and data services in over 205 countries worldwide. For additional information and support please visit www.verizonwireless.com/global.
- Integration of new version of Backup Assistant Plus.
- Mobile IM has been removed.
- Color for Facebook application is preloaded.
Enhanced Customer Support with Verizon Remote Diagnostics
- New customer care solution to improve customer service experience. When a customer calls into Verizon Wireless customer care, this solution, with the customer’s permission, allows support personnel to remotely view the user’s device for device training, application demonstrations and troubleshooting.
Email / Messaging
- Improved Stability and connectivity with Email.
- Successfully download and save ringtones.
Stability and Performance Improvements
- Mobile Hotspot – Improved connectivity.
- Reduced device resets and power cycling.
- Camera quality has been improved for better pictures.
- Improved My Gallery performance.
- Voice Mail Notification shows the correct of unread messages.
- Updated Mobile Hotspots Icon.
- Visual Voice Mail shortcut on home screen changed to a standard voicemail shortcut.
- Clear Contact pictures are displayed for phonebook contacts.
The 364.1MB update will bring build number 6.16.217.XT894.Verizon.en.US. To avoid any interruptions in the installation process, make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network. For more info, hit the source link below.