Have you received the Android 4.0.4 update on your Verizon Galaxy Nexus yet? Verizon is slowly pushing out the OTA update to Galaxy Nexus devices throughout the country. If you haven’t been prompted to update, there’s a little trick that you can do that will make your system check for the update and download it immediately.
Many people have performed the little trick below and have gotten good results, so it’s worth a shot.
- On your phone, go to Settings > Apps > all
- Select the Google Services Framework app
- Choose the “Force Stop” option on the top
- After force stopping, choose “Clear data”
- Once you clear data, go back to Settings > About phone > System updates > and tap “Check now” to see if the update is now available on your device.
If this doesn’t work the first time, you might have to try the process a few times to get it working.
Let us know if you were able to get the update by performing the above steps. If you were able to update, let us know how Android 4.0.4 is working out for you and your Galaxy Nexus by leaving a comment below.