Reading books on your Android device with Google’s Play Books apps just got a little better. Today, Google announced that some new features were available for their ebook reader. Today’s Google Play Books update brings some features that many people have been patiently waiting for (sorry, the ability to import books is still not available).
The new Google Play Books update brings the following new features:
- Highlighting – Highlight a word, sentence, or paragraph
- Notes – Take notes on the book that you can refer to later
- Dictionary – Look up the meaning of words by holding down a word
- Places info cards – Get information on places mentioned in the book via Google Maps
- Translation – Easily translate a word to different languages
- Sepia mode – For easier reading
- Sliding page-turn
In addition to the above new features, the update also fixes some issues that HTC Wildfire users were experiencing. The updated app is now available in the Google Play store for all to enjoy. Although it’s still missing the one feature that many have been waiting for (book imports), it’s nice to see that Google has added all these new features to the app.
Let us know how you like it by leaving a comment below.
Source: Android Blog