If you want to always stay on top of things and always like to have the latest updates before they even hit the net, then you may like this new and unreleased version 3.2.0 of the Android Market. According to XDA member “febycv,” the apk file he or she uploaded, is from the Nexus Prime and “yes, that means it is also from Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0).”
Here is how you can have the latest version of the Market (by febycv) :
- Download the file Phonesky.apk
- Go to Root Explorer and look for the file you downloaded and copy it
- Find Vending.apk and rename it to something like Vending.apk1.
- Long press on Phonesky.apk and rename it to Vending.apk.
- Afterwards, long press on it again and choose “Permissions.”
- Change the permissions to this (picture below). Now reboot and enjoy the new market
In order to make this work, you must be rooted!! We have had reports that this new version (3.2.0) is a little faster and smoother than the 3.1 one. Let us know how you like it.