We just got back from the Samsung event in New York where we had the chance to play around with both the AT&T and the Sprint variants of the Galaxy S II, the T-Mobile one was inside a box and no one was actually allowed to get up close and personal with it. We were also surprised that AT&T didn’t go with the rumored Attain name, they instead kept the original SGS 2’s name the same.
Here are the features of AT&T’s Galaxy S II:
- 4G – HSPA+
- Android (2.3 Gingerbread)
- GSM Quad-band (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- UMTS Tri-band( 850/1900/2100MHz)
- Screen: 4.3” Super AMOLED Plus
- Processor: 1.2Ghz x 2 (dual core)
- Camera: 8MP AF with LED flash + 2MP front
- Video Record: 1080p Full HD
- HDMI Out: HDMI via HDTV Smart Adapter with HDCP
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0
- Battery: 1650mAh
- Sensor: Motion UX, 6-axis gyroscope, proximity, light, noise (Audience A2220)
AT&T decided to keep the 4.3-inch instead of going with the big 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Display Plus like Sprint and T-Mobile, We think that it has something to do the Infuse 4G. You will also find a bunch of bloatware already installed by Big Blue. Our favorite feature would be the ability to take screenshots, which can executed by simultaneously holding both the Home and Power buttons. Unfortunately, there was no mention about when this phone will release except the will be sometimes in September. Check out the gallery below.