Not long after some European users received the Android 3.2 Honeycomb update on their HTC Flyer tablets, Sprint users are now reporting the same on the HTC EVO View 4G tablet. Many people have reported receiving the OTA update that brings along the features of Android 3.2 Honeycomb. According to Sprint, the update includes the following:
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
In addition to the above features, the update also fixes an issue with Google Video Chat and Bluetooth in Airplane mode.
If you’re going to go with the update, there is going to be a small price to pay. Due to how things work in Honeycomb, you will lose all of your personalized screen setups and widgets; everything will be reset to default. I say not such a bad deal, especially since you’re getting an official tablet OS.
Unfortunately, there is still no word on the official Honeycomb update for the Wi-Fi HTC Flyer tablet in the U.S.