If you’re a Xoom owner in Canada, there’s some good news for you. The Android 3.1 update is now available for the Canadian Motorola Xoom. It looks like Motorola quietly released the update without making a major announcement. On August 10, they announced via the Motorola Canada Facebook page that the update to 2.1 would soon be available and that they would notify users when there was something to share. Unfortunately, no notifications was sent out, and users are now reporting that they were able to obtain the 3.1 update on their Xooms.
Update: Motorola Canada made the announcement via Twitter:
To get the 3.1 update on your Canadian Motorola Xoom, navigate to Settings -> About tablets -> System updates.
In case you forgot, the Android 3.1 update brings the following to Honeycomb:
- Connectivity for USB accessories
- Expended recent apps list
- Resizable home screen widgets
- Support for external keyboards and pointing devices
- Support for joysticks and gamepads
- Robust Wi-FI networking
- Updated set of standard apps