Twitter, Oh Twitter. The giant social media outlet is planning to “help you build a more personal Twitter experience” in an upcoming update for the Android app. They will so do so thanks to what they call the “App Graph.” This will allow them to track your downloaded apps to learn about your interests. Don’t get alarmed though because they will not access personal information.
Twitter says that they want to “build a more tailored experience” on their network. These are some examples of what they’ll be doing:
- Improved “who to follow” suggestions that share similar interests.
- Adding Tweets, accounts, or other content to your timeline that we think you’ll find especially interesting.
- Showing you more relevant promoted content.
You get it. Twitter depends on advertising, specially targeted advertising. Knowing what apps you use, will help them adjust their criteria when targeting their users.
Thankfully, you can opt-out of participating in this ‘experiment.” All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Tap the overflow icon
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the account you’d like to adjust.
- Under Other, you can adjust the setting to Tailor Twitter based on my apps.