My HTC One is my daily driver. All the amazing features of this device have been well documented from the gorgeous metal body, amazing HD screen, dual front facing BoomSound speakers, and the amazing battery life…right? On a normal day, the HTC One will get me through the day without a problem, but there are those occasions when you need it to last a little longer.
For these occasions, I picked up the 2500mAH Mophie Juice Pack case for the HTC One. Mophie has comparable cases for iPhone 4/4S, iPhone 5, and Galaxy devices. It can easily be explained as a case with an additional battery built in that is designed to add up to 100% extra battery life. It does add some major bulk(and protection) while having access to all needed ports and buttons.
It’s summertime. I want to be outside. I do not what to be tethered to a charger. I want to enjoy day long tailgating before a baseball game and still have battery life to take pictures and videos of the game. That is exactly how I put it to the test.
With my HTC One fully charged and the Mophie at 100% I was able to accomplish the following:
- Make the 1 hour drive to the stadium.
- Almost 3 hours of tail gaiting including tons of Pics and HTC Zoes. Multiple check ins via Facebook, Foursquare, and Untappd. Many uploaded pics to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- I was so confident in the extra battery life I had that I gave the Mophie to 2 other friends with HTC Ones who were running low on battery life during the same activities.
- Made it through the entire baseball game taking more pics, uploading more pics, and checking in to more social networks.
- Although the Mophie was dead by this point, my HTC One battery remained. I was able to go on with the post game festivities well into the early morning hours without needing to plug in.
Overall, I would say that with the Mophie I was able to get in over 10 hours of really heavy usage. Almost constant usage in a MLB stadium where battery drain is higher due to so many people packed into an area and network searching, my phone would typically be dead by the 3rd inning.
The HTC One Mophie Juice pack is now available in Black or Silver. The Silver has only recently become available and I picked it up from my local AT&T store for $100. I must note that the first one I got was defective. The case is designed so you can still use the IR port on the HTC One. The power button on the Juice Pack for some reason was always pressed in no matter what I did, causing it to power down the phone and power it back on over and over again. I had to rip the button out in order to use the case without it turning my phone on and off. You will see pictures of the case with the button and without. Once I exchanged the new Mophie was just fine.
If you want to grab a Mophie Juice Pack at Amazon for $99.