Folks who are into custom ROMs along with developers who make theme should definitely embrace OTA Update Center. As its name states, this application lets devs roll out over-the-air updates to their ROMs. Developers would have to bring their own hosting to the table and of course, would want to use the free-of-charge service to deliver the latest versions of their work to users. Once they’re good to go, The folks behind OTA Update Center will take care of the roll out.
- Add and remove OTA Updates in a centralised database.
- Check for updates on boot of devices.
- Check for updates manually when the person wants to.
- Download the rom and flash it directly.
- Download the rom without flashing.
- Wipe data and or cache/dalvik before flashing the update.
In order for this installer to work, it has to be integrated within a ROM. It will not work if you manually download it to your devices. In other words, your favorite developer would have to have the app embedded within their ROM. We’re very curious to see if popular ROM devs out there will give OTA Update Center a shot.