LG annouced today the release of a new phone called the V10. What makes this phone different than others is the fact that it comes with a “secondary display,” a dual fron facing camera and more.
The V10 will make its way to US carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon in the near future (Oct. 8th in Korea). LG hasn’t given us an actual relase date yet. We suspect it will be sometimes in Q4.
The more I look at this phone the more it makes me think of a rugged version of the LG G4. LG says it is made out of stainless steel paied with Duraguard silicone. Not only it is durable but it could resist a falls from a 4 foot drop. Here is the full list of specs to give you an idea of what this phone can do:
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 808 Processor
- Display: Main) 5.7-inch QHD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 513ppi)
- Secondary) 2.1-inch IPS Quantum Display (160 x 1040 / 513ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR3 RAM / 64GB eMMC ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear) 16MP with F1.8 Aperture / OIS 2.0
- Front) 5MP Dual Lens (80o Standard Angle / 120o Wide Angle)
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Size: 159.6 x 79.3 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 192g
- Network: LTE-A Cat. 6
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.1 / NFC / USB 2.0
- Colors: Space Black / Luxe White / Modern Beige / Ocean Blue / Opal Blue
Looking at the pictures and features, the V10 does look very promising and we really cannot wait until we get our hands on the review unit.