AT&T and Samsung announced today the release of the Galaxy Alpha. As you may already know, this phone was announced back in august for an international release without giving us a U.S. street date.
The Alpha line of phones is unlike the Samsung devices we know. The Korean company decided to move from the plastic materials, they accustomed us to with the Galaxy S5 and other Galaxy devices, to a more subtle and premium type of build. When it comes to specs, the Galaxy Alpha is no chump. Here is the list:
- 4.7-inch 1280 x 720 display
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal storage (no microSD slot)
- 1,860 mAh battery
- 12-megapixel rear camera
- 2.1-megapixel front camera
If some folks out there are bragging with how thin and light their iPhone 6 is, the Galaxy Alpha is 0.2 mm thinner and 14 grams lighter. It definitely takes thinness to another level. It will sell for $199 with a two year contract, or $612.99 if you buy it outright. If you’re a fan of AT&T Next, you can pay $25.55 per month on Next18 (18 months) or $30.65 per month Next12. Color-wise, you have Charcoal Black, Dazzling White or Frosted Gold.
The Galaxy Alpha is set to launch on September 12 exclusively on AT&T. For more information, hit the full press release below.
NEW GALAXY ALPHA WITH BRILLIANT HD SUPER AMOLED DISPLAY AVAILABLE FOR ZERO DOWN AND $100 BILL CREDIT WITH NEW LINE OF SERVICE ON AT&T NEXTDALLAS, Sept. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — AT&T1 and Samsung today announced that the Samsung Galaxy Alpha™ will be available starting Sept. 26 exclusively online at www.att.com, AT&T’s fastest way to order, and in AT&T retail stores.
“We are excited to offer you yet another industry leading smartphone with the announcement of the Galaxy Alpha on the nation’s most reliable 4G LTE network,2 covering more than 300 million Americans,” said Jeff Bradley, senior vice president – Devices, AT&T. “The Samsung Galaxy Alpha marries sleek, premium design with all of the great features and Samsung technology that you have come to expect from a Galaxy product.”
The Galaxy Alpha’s beautiful metal frame and slim build, with a 4.7-inch screen, offers you a powerful and stylish smartphone. It features a 2.5GHz Quad Core processor and 32GB of memory to allow for storage of your applications, pictures and videos.3 Additional features include:
- HD TV-Quality Display: Samsung has equipped the Galaxy Alpha with a 4.7-inch HD Super AMOLED® display – right at your fingertips. Watch your favorite movies and shows in a crystal clear display while on-the-go.
- Stunning Images: Equipped with a 12MP rear-facing camera and a 2.1MP front-facing camera, the Galaxy Alpha uses real-time HDR to capture stunning images. The device also offers you advanced options, such as Selective Focus, Panorama and Shot & More.
- Ultra Power Saving Mode: Never worry about running out of power while on-the-go. Ultra Power Saving Mode will turn your screen to black and white, and shut off non-essential apps, so you get the most out of the battery you have left. With Ultra Power Saving Mode a 10 percent charge will allow you to still receive calls and texts for up to 24 hours.4
- S Health™: Keep yourself in tip-top-shape with Samsung’s S Health app.5 Track your steps, challenge your friends, earn medals and even get on-demand nutrition tips.
Select the Samsung Galaxy Alpha in Charcoal Black, Dazzling White or Frosted Gold at:
- $25.55 per month on AT&T Next18.6
- $30.65 per month on AT&T Next12.6
- $199.99 with a two-year agreement.7
- No annual commitment for $612.99.8
- New customers and existing AT&T customers who activate a new line of service with a smartphone on AT&T Next(SM) will receive a $100 bill credit.9
For more information about the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, visit att.com/galaxyalpha or check out the video about the smartphone here.
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha earned five out of five stars on AT&T’s Eco-Rating system. The system, which rates the environmental factors of AT&T branded handset devices, was created to empower consumer choice around sustainability. For more information about this device’s rating, AT&T’s Eco-Rating System, and how you can join AT&T in making a difference, please visit http://att.com/ecospace.
AT&T is focused on giving our customers a top-notch experience through fast and friendly service. Being recognized as the highest ranked wireless provider for overall purchasing experience by J.D. Power, for the third time in a row, shows this commitment to the customer experience is making a difference.10 AT&T outperformed competitors in the J.D. Power 2014 Volume 2 study and received the “Highest Satisfaction with the Purchase Experience among Full-Service Wireless Providers, Three Times in a Row.”