If you’re a Sprint user with a Motorola Photon Q, there’s some good news for you in the form of an update. While the update isn’t Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, it does bring along some bug fixes and features that will improve the device.
The maintenance update, version 7.7.1Q-6_SPR-125_ASA-10, brings the following fixes and improvements to the Photon Q:
- Improved text messaging when requesting usage and upgradeability through Sprint Zone; seamless international text messaging; Improved MMS functionality
- Enhancements for WiFi hotspot in GSM/UMTS mode and adding new WiFi connections; select number of users to access Wi-Fi hotspot
- Random power cycle when using Wi-Fi Direct
- Manually send or auto-sync emails from outbox
- Faster launch and playback using the YouTube application
- Improved browsing with Google Chrome for Android Mobile Browser
- More easily import contacts from SD card
- Improved music playback, both streaming from Amazon Cloud or Internet Radio services and music saved to the phone – minimizes occasional skips or -repeats
- Now supports 1080p HD video capture, and enhanced video settings for more responsive playback
- Easier creating and accepting calendar meeting notices on the phone
The update will be rolling out in stages and should hit all Photon Q devices within the next 14 days. Let us know if you received your update and how your Photon Q is reacting to the update by leaving a comment below.