Motorola Atrix 4G Update Version 4.1.83 Available To All using the Motorola Updater - Droid Matters
Zack Nebbaki | On 29, Apr 2011
It looks like a users from the Android forums have been able to update their Motorola Atrix 4G to the 4.1.83 version by following the regular Motorola software update process. Until now we haven’t heard anything from Motorola about the update because it is still being tested in beta.
So if you have an Atrix 4G and cannot wait for the announcement by either AT&T or Motorola, you can do this:
- follow this link: http://www.motorola.com/Support/US-EN/Android_Products/Software_Update_Landing_Page
- Pick the Motorola Atrix 4G
- Follow the directions by checking the box on step 3
- Click on the “download software update”
- The Motorola software updater will be installed to your PC
- You will have to plug your phone in for the update
Many Atrix 4G owners have confirmed that the link we provided is actually working and that their phones have been updated. They are seeing better upload speeds, an improved Skype app, the Android version has been bumped to 2.2.2 and overall a substantial improvement to the Atrix 4G.
updated using the link provided above. now showing android 2.2.2 and v4.1.83. Did a speed test and was consistently getting in the range of 1.4mbps uploads. Prior to the update I would get in the 190-300kbps range.
We hope that his helped all of you Atrix 4G owners out there. We applaud Motorola for listening to its fans by releasing two updates in two months to allow all of them to enjoy their phones! Don’t forget to let us know how you like the new update and if the link above is still working.
via Android Forums