AT&T pushed the Gingerbread update for the Samsung Infuse back in February only to put it on hold due to issues with the installation process. If you still want to update your phone, you can do so via the Samsung Kies Mini application. Once you update your phone, you should see your software version change to UCLB3. AT&T recommends that you back up your data because you may loose of it after the install. Here is the changelog:
- Update to Gingerbread 2.3.6
- Improved Copy and Paste functionality
- Redesigned Multi Touch Software Keyboard
- Download manager for long running HTTP downloads
- Improved power management and application control
- Notification Shade: “Flight Mode” added (“Silent” removed)
- New Fonts options added include Choco Cooky, Cool Jazz, Rosemary
- Keyboard Changes: Android Keyboard with Wider Spaced keys and Quick Keys at the top
- New Widgets: The name of the content provider will be listed on the widget list along with the widget name. Previously only the widget name was provided.
- New Widget: Traffic (Android) added to list of available widgets
- Menu Changes/New Apps: Downloads and Google Books added new, Promotional pre-load of Angry Birds removed*.
Remember that you have to install Samsung Kies Mini on your computer in order to update your Infuse 4G. For step-by-step instructions, go here. Let us know if you were able to update without issues by dropping a comment below.