We just came across this AT&T support page for the Motorola Atrix 4G where it shows how to update your Atrix 4G software to version 4.1.83.
AT&T and Motorola have released two software updates for the Motorola Atrix 4G. These software packages include bug fixes and stability increases, as well as the following improvements:
- Update 1: Firmware version update to 4.1.57, and includes the following improvements:
- Improved multimedia experience with Bluetooth devices, and expanded headset compatibility.
- Improved fingerprint reader performance.
- Improved battery life.
o Display will turn off automatically now while charging directly on wall charger.
o Improved performance of car dock and 3.5mm jack
Update 2: Firmware version update to 4.1.83 (Android 2.2.2), and includes the following improvements:
- 2G/EDGE mobile hotspot capability
- Increased potential data speeds
- Yahoo! E-mail enabled over Wi-Fi
These software updates need to be installed in order, and are available to users via Wi-Fi only for the first 100 days. AT&T recommends that all Motorola Atrix 4G users update their device to take advantage of these improvements.
We still have to verify of the update is indeed available when you go through the settings menu on the Atrix 4G. If you want to see if it is, follow these directions: Home>Menu>Settings>About phone>System updates
Enjoy your phone!